TKES India was the first company in India to develop Non Grain Oriented Semi Processed Steel confirming to national and international standards. We also offer ageing free predecarburized PowerCore®grades enabling our customers to avoid decarburizing of lamination thereby use of expensive and explosive Hydrogen gas.
Our vast range of NGO SP steel is ideally suitable for motors 20HP or below. In PowerCore® Non Grain Oriented Semi Processed Steel, the magnetic properties are fully developed only after the Decarburization and Annealing of laminations. Magnetic properties are indicated in the test certificates, based upon annealing of Epstein samples according to the process conditions specified in IEC specifications (IEC 60404-8-2 & IEC 60404-8-3). Typical magnetic properties vastly out performs the national and international standards.
PowerCore® Non Grain Oriented Semi Processed Steel is supplied in uncoated condition with high matt finish to avoid lamination sticking in annealing.
- 1. Improve energy efficiency of electrical equipments
- 2. Down sizing of electrical equipment
- 3. Reduce heat generation and burn out tendencies
- 4. Longer efficient life of electrical equipments
- 5. Optimize the use of electrical steel for specific application
- 6. Ensure consistent performance of electrical equipment due to magnetic ageing free properties.
Predecarburized PowerCore® products helps our customers to
- Reduce the stamping annealing time by 1 hour resulting in to approximately 20% lower cost and higher productivity.
- Reduce insurance cost, equipment cost and estimated 40% savings on furnace atmosphere gas cost as only inert gas atmosphere is required.
Thicker guage PowerCore® products helps our customers to
- Improve productivity in slitting, shearing and punching by approximately 30%. This in turn generates additional production capacity without additional capital expenditure.- Improve flatness of stampings and stacking factor.